Shawnee Heights will be hosting the second annual high school fall league beginning on Sept. 11.
The six-week schedule will conclude with a single-elimination tournament on Oct. 16.
Games will be played at Shawnee Heights High School. The league costs $25 a player or $250 per team.
Contact Steve Wallace for more information at 785-764-9824 or email@example.com
KSHSAA Basketball Off Season League Information
- Coaches employed by the school to coach basketball CANNOT coach the Fall/Spring league team. This includes head, assistant and Rule 10 coach’s aides for grades 9-12 for High School teams and head, assistant, and Rule 10 coach’s aides for grades 7-8 for Middle/Junior High School teams.
- No more than three (3) members of the school squad the previous season can play or practice on a non-school team during the school year outside the season of sport.
- School squad is defined as A-team, B-team, 9th grade, C-team, JV, Varsity, etc. – these are all different squads.
- Any amount of time played (even a few seconds) constitutes team membership.
- If a player played on two levels the previous season (JV & V) they would count as one of the three possible JV players and one of the three possible Varsity players.
- Players may not be rotated in from week to week or game to game. The roster established for the non-school team may have no more than three (3) from the same school squad.
- School transportation cannot be used to take students to fall/spring league games.
- A school coach could transport the players to the fall/spring league but not in school vehicles and cannot coach them.
- School year is defined as the Tuesday after Labor Day until the Saturday before Memorial Day.
- Once the school season/practices start players may not play or practice on a non-school team until their membership on the school team ends.
- Before or after the season players are restricted to no more than three (3) students from the same school squad playing or practicing on the same non-school team. That restriction begins the Tuesday after Labor Day and remains in effect until the Saturday before Memorial Day.